News:

Main Menu

83 Carb problems

Started by Drikk14, August 15, 2012, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drikk14

Ok so while I am waiting I decided to pull the carbs apart and really scrub at them. Glad I did as there were some parts missing that I didn't notice before. I'm missing the two o rings that go on the end of the Venturis one of my choke plungers is missing the seal/ring that goes in the end. One of my pilot screw assembly o rings is missing from the pin assembly. Lastly I pulled apart the piece with 2 diaphragms that attaches to the side of the rear carb and I'm guessing there is a screw that I'm missing that holds the washers on each side of the diaphragm as I've got the two washers the diaphragm a nut and washer but no screw. Attaching pictures as I'm sure I didn't describe perfectly. Just wondering what I should do or where I could find replacement pieces that may work.
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

Drikk14

Nix the Venturi gaskets/rings I found some small gasket material pieces that I got to fit perfectly
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

Rick G

O rings from McMaster Carr. screws from and Japanese M/C dealer. As a last resort PM me.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike