News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

I spoke too soon...haha

Started by Hartless, August 29, 2012, 11:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

Hae to rebuild the starter again! Even though I just did probably less than 2000 miles ago! Really I just need new brushes. Fiatracer might be hooking me up though. I should have known I would be able to just fire it up! Whatever...... ::)
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Drikk14

A Visionary's work is never done  ;)
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

Rick G

I seem to remember. that there was a problem with  some of the brushes in the rebuild kits, wearing out prematurely.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Jimustanguitar

I bought a rebuild kit that had a short lead between the brush and wiring terminal. I had to add a thin nylon washer to the terminal bolt to gain enough slack for the brush to slide freely.

Perhaps this is the problem that others have been experiencing?

I don't know the manufacturer of the kit (that part of the packaging was trimmed off to fit in the shipping container), but the model number was RBK-38.

Hartless

the brushes are wore down all the way.....it was a Chinese ebay kit

QBS

Have your local auto electric/alternator/generator repair shop install new brushes on your old brush plate pay them $25.00 and declare victory.  Guys, this is not that big a deal.  Have done the above referenced procedure twice with never a proiblem.

Hartless

I wasn't saying its a problem. I'm just low on funds. Fiatracer is sending me a set :)