Vision 30th anniversary Ride in Arizona

Started by Rick G, September 20, 2012, 11:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

Here are a few pics of the ride and a link to some old bikes on my Photobucket page.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm45/rgvisionary/

We had a late start on Sat. due to Nate's late arrival, so we went to Oatman  and postponed Supi  until Sunday. Actually I should explain  that due to the light turnout, we made it easy on me and did the Supi ride.  Just past  Valentine Nat's (Sunburnedaz) Vision stopped, so we checked it out and it started right up, so we proceeded on when it started. A lunch stop at the lodge restaurant  in Peach springs fortified us for the ride to Supi down county road 18.

After discussing out itinerary with Nate, we decided to cut the ride short  after about 30 miles in. The monsoon was raging in Phoenix area and Nate had to go home that way.
We stayed rain free, until we approached the airport in Kingman . We could see 2 large storms , one to the south east  and one to the south west.. Nate elected to take in a movie and give the eastern storm to move on.  He reported by  text that he got drowned  on the way home.
Who knows , perhaps we  can get a group together in the spring.  Much thanks to Nate for riding the 185 miles from Phoenix  to ride with me.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Aelwulf

No guarantees I'd get permission from the wife or young 'un, but maybe I'll be able to get over for one of your rides.  It'd be nice to be on another Vision run, haven't had one since Colorado.  Bit closer than I was, probably a day or so out.  I still need front end and gas tank work on the Vision (that I pray gets done soon) but if all else fails could at least join on the Meanie.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Rick G

I would like to have a ride in the spring, time will tell!
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

motoracer8

Rick, I worked in Phoenix last year January through July and was there during the dust storm mid July.  I was living in Scottsdale when it went through, what fun it would have been to ride a motorcycle in that.  It looked like we were driving on dirt roads for a few days.  The community pool looked like a mud hole.

I've been through a few little dust storms but nothing like that.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

Rick G

I hope we can get together  next time you pass this way!   I'd love to ride with you!
Rick G

sunburnedaz

I was wondering where these pictures were.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

Fuzzlewump

I'm not too far from having my bike up and going, and I haven't yet made any riding buddies. I think she might be finished by spring, and if there's a Vision ride in this area by then I'd love to join!

My work schedule is kind of funky, I have months where I'm off for a week or more. Once the bike is running smoothly enough I'll be taking short tours all over the state on those off-weeks. A ride up towards Kingman would be no problem as far as comfort or time go.

I missed the actual arrival of the big "haboob" of 2011 (probably the only time I've ever missed any big boobs). The ongoing storm was crazy, though. I went into the grocery store and it was bright and sunny; stepped outside an hour later and it was pitch black, dust swirling around so bad you had to cover your nose and mouth. Visibility on the road was like thirty feet or so. A friend called me from on top of a lookout and said that watching it come in was one of the creepiest things he's ever seen.
Know ye not that ye are a gremlin?? Thou hast no quarter here- flee now from me!!