Started by ninoman, December 30, 2012, 09:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

I agree with Zore,,

Why would you bother ?????

Iain
NZ`

Rick G

I believe you need a mill also, but you should contact John Clemons ( he has  a post in general board right now ) on the difficulty in doing this . His XZFr650 is based on the Vision engine. He knows the drill.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

ninoman

Rikugun

It might be easier to buy a crashed SV Suzuki and swap the Vision tank and body panels.  Plus you'll end up with FI and more HP!  :o  :P  :D

Just kidding brother!  Good luck with the project and we'll be looking forward to progress reports.  ;)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Vandal171

Here is the thread on John Clemens Bike: http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=11572.0

Just read the first post.
Bikes are my life.
Current stable:
1983 GL1100 Goldwing
1983 GPZ 1100 Dragbike
1982 Vision
1979 CB750 10th Anniversary
1979 CX500 Custom Cafe bike
1975 CB500T Hardtail Chopper

fret not

Or maybe better yet for the conversion, do what John Clemmens did and fit the XZ engine into a different frame that has the characteristics you want.  He did his for road racing, what is the purpose for your conversion? 

If you just want a sproty V twin with a chain drive there are several to choose from, like the Honda Hawk and Suzuki SV among others.  Rick G likes his Suzuki VX800, I have a nice SV650 I will sell, and both would be much easier than doing the fabricating and fitting of 'other' parts.  Modern bikes are much less troublesome than older ones, but then maybe that is not an issue for you.  Motor on. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!