News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Shim Kit

Started by vl5150, June 08, 2015, 09:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vl5150

Hi,

I actually have to do the 1st valve adjustment on my Vision in the next few months.  What's the shim size on these? I usually just get the whole kit to save hassle.  Also, does anyone have a line on the tool? I'd like to use the kit to start a member shim kit that goes from member to member.  We have one at the ZRXOA forum and it's worked well over there.  Thoughts? 

Re-Vision

I passed my tool around twice, the second time I shipped shims with it and a postal thief made a small slit and the package arrived with nothing in it.     BDC

fret not

The shims are the same size (diameter) as some Kawasaki and Toyota shims, so there is likely a dealer in your area.  To find which shims you need you have to measure what your current valve clearances are, and read the number on each shim that needs to be changed.  The clearances tend to get tighter as they wear, but not always.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Blake

"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

turbosteve84

Here in New Jersey in the U.S. of A, we take our shims to our local shop and swap them for the ones we need. Now, you need to have a relationship with your shop to do this. You don't buy tires online and bring them to your local shop to mount them, do you? You get the point.  --Steve
Steve
saddlebums.tumblr.com