News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

loosing power

Started by Guerrero, May 04, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Rather than lose any more money, might be time to move on to something else. My experiences over the years has taught me to not trust anyone doing engine work. I only buy new engines or known good motors from old cars. Still got screwed by VW in 1968 with a new engine.    BDC

Guerrero

I want to move on too.just dont know,what to do with this one.bought it for 1k usd.and spend on it 2k usd.And now this...

fret not

Ooowww!   :'( :o :(  That is a painful education.  Maybe you can sell XZ parts to regain most of your investment.  I think it would take a long time to part out a XZ.  So close to the achievement of having a running vision, yet so far.  it could happen.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Guerrero

yes,it is really painful.3 years.3k usd,and ...no actual joy.even,i really like V visually and everithing.but this is too hard.
problem is,for me it will be impossible to sell V.Maybe only in parts for Germany.but i am not sure..

Guerrero

well,i am working now with xz550.de and it seems maybe i will be able to get spair parts from Germany ,because from USA of course the prices are much better,but the shipping to me is like 3 times the price of item..

Jirik

And in you country aren't any XZ for sale? In Czech Republic are only 2-3 times a year. Last year I bought one whole spare bike about 300 USD. But she is non running, some parts are home-repaired and not good :-\. Germany or Poland are certainty.

Guerrero

In my country there is only 1 more Vision.In whole three baltic countries there are no more V.So it is really hard

Jirik

Yes I know, that is hard. I also have another unique bike in my country, but I bought two at once and now I have problems with registration.
I 'd like you help with front cylinder, but on my spare bike are welded exhausts holders on cylinder head. It probably worked, but looks not nice. If will xz550.de fails, we could to agree.

Guerrero

today got battery wire set from Tiger.There was some postage problem,i guess,because it took almost month to get to me,it should be 5-10 days.But wires are here.
I mean they are fantastic!! Same thicknes as mine but WOW.=) now only need to get my cylinder working,so i can change those wires

The Prophet of Doom

One month International postage is normal from Canada.  I think they have to wait for ice to melt before anything gets out of the country.

Guerrero

Hello bikers :D

I am back with my problems.actually,now i have some money,and in a few days will buy a cylinder set from germany.so shipping costs are much more welcome for me,than from US.I Will make a deal with Harald from xz550.de .maybe some of you know him.
And i need gaskets for cylinders.
Do some of you know anithing about this set on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KR-Motorcycle-engine-complete-gasket-set-for-YAMAHA-XZ-550-S-11U-82-84-/171289106237?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e1a0573d&vxp=mtr

I cant understand is this set for one cylinder or both?or do i just need to ask the seller?

Have a nice weekend You all!Tom

Re-Vision

Looks to me like you have two of everything Tom.      BDC

fret not

Is that Harald Pfeiffer?  He is a good fellow to deal with.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Guerrero

Ok great thanks. :)

I Do not know Haralds surname.But probobly he is that man.Really helpfull.
So i hope in this winter i will get my V running again  :)

Guerrero

Hello friends.
Some time have not wrote anithing.
So here is some little update of my situation.

Have to say huge "thank You' to Harald Pfeiffer.Who helped me alot.I got whole cylinder set ,and as it later turned out that i need more, so i got camshaft chains set and chain guide set.and that everithing from one engine.As Harald said,the engine was about 20k or 30k km,so it is really little.the whole thing really looks great.
At the moment everithing is getting done,just i have one small problem,i had to change both chains and both sets of guides.But Unfortunately Harald had only one "banana" , as he called that part.I was O.k, with that,because i hoped,that i wont need to change both of them,because at that moment only one cylinder was distmantled.But as it turned out,i need second one too.
So at the moment i am thinking what to do,and where to get only that one small part.Ebay,is not an option,because as i seen,there are selling only whole sets,and the shipping costs and everything are huge for so small items.So i guess,i need to find in Germany,or around.

Btw i bought complete engine gasket set from Poland,for 109 usd,i guess,from ebay.And i can say,that the set is really good.It has all details.all O rings,all gaskets,the 4 metal rings for exaust,and the green little metallic/plastic thing.wich i cant remember are for what :) but the set is good.So if some one ever need one,i guess maybe for people in the America that is not an option because of shipping and everithing,but from Europa -great.

So my idea was,that i will be able to get my back from shop till X-mass,the weather now got much warmer in last week-from about 0 celsius to 8°.So ridable conditions.but now i have to find the one missing part.

Just sharing my situation.And again, thanks to Harald Pfeiffer.And if some one ever need to do some buisness,i advise him completly.Great Man.

Cheers,Happy upcoming hollydays!

Re-Vision

Tom, send a picture of the part you need and if I have it, I'll send it to you for the cost of postage.      BDC

Guerrero

Re-Vision

I've got it and it looks good. Hopefully postage will be cheaper than buying it from Poland. Tell me what the price has to be under and I'll ship it tomorrow if I can save you money.     BDC   

Guerrero

Good evening!
I am back! :)
After spending huge amount of money on parts and work.it seems that now it must be done.Just one more thing left.Jets!!
Aaand i do not have them.I got new jets from Carb kit that i bought few years ago,but they somehow got away from me :)And most interesting part is i am not able to get them anywhere in my country,it seems.little bit strange but oh well,(ok,i have not tried official dealer yet)
Wanted to know is it possible to somehow order from states or somewhere just 122,5 and 127,5?? and how much can it cost?

Good day to every one!,Tom

The Prophet of Doom

You can order online from Jetsrus.com.  Much cheaper than Yamaha dealers !