Daylight Savings

Started by The Prophet of Doom, September 24, 2013, 06:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Don't forget that daylight saving (in NZ) kicks in this coming weekend.  Are your bikes ready for riding ?  Mine isn't.

dingleberry

Thanks for the reminder. All these years and I never really got daylight saving etched in my brain.

Hope your bike's up and running before summers over.
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

I'd be a lot closer to running if only we would get some decent weather.  My garage is about 10 degrees at the moment and I'm staying indoors.  What ever happened to global warming? I was looking forwards to it.

fret not

I really do detest the time change, it does not save any daylight, but it screws up my sense of time of day for a month or so each time it happens.  It might be well worth the move to Arizona where they don't have this nonsense.

RE global warming:  it may happen or it may not, but if it does your summers will be warmer than they are now.  It may be a precursor to a new ice age because the atmosphere can hold much more moisture when it is warm, and consequently it can deposit more precipitation, which could be in the form of snow in the extreme latitudes.  There is a lot of flap regarding global warming, but just watch the scientific sources for the real information in this regard and pay little attention to the political based sources.  Sooner or later it's going to change.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

dingleberry

Shit! POD, your garage is warmer than my house. 10degC - thats luxury :(

Hang some pictures that make you think warm thoughts ;)
You like, oui?

supervision

Outside temp is 45f, which makes me glad that Vmiester and I got together  yesterday for our fire damage check , of the Sierra's. I'd say it was a chilly 60 when be met up at Jamestown at 11 am. I wanted to go out on Cottonwood Rd, the girls warned that it was closed, they were right so we took Wards Ferry rd instead, came out to look at the fire damage just past Bucks Meadows store, we hit the turn out view point, and surveyed, the damage. 
" border="0

fret not

Supervision, how far up 120 did you get?  I'm interested in the area between Groveland and Hetch Hetchy, Evergreen rd, Cherry Lake rd, etc.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

supervision

Hey fret, sorry I didn't notice your question, we only went to that lookout before Rainbow pool, but I think evergreen is plenty east of the main damage. They might be holding people out for a while, to me it looks like the fire started at rainbow pool area but only west.
" border="0

supervision

Ok, today I road all the way to camp mather, the fire area is large, many places both side of 120. Evergreen road is open tho the sign says area is closed, looks like they are letting camp mather  be open for business.
" border="0

Rick G

Arizona has lots  of advantages , no daylight savings is just one!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike