News:

Main Menu

Making up for a lost season

Started by pullshocks, October 06, 2013, 11:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

What a summer.  I had big plans for some trips to the 4 corners of our state.  But.....my Vision has been in one stage or another of carb work, speedo work, waiting for parts, fork work, etc. so I had probably ridden only a couple hundered miles since May.  Just when I got everything where it needs to be, the Northwest rain set in.

Well, we got a break in the weather this weekend so I tried to make up for lost time by making a 320 mile loop around Mt Rainier.  A great day on the bike.

Jimustanguitar

Looks like a great trip! Awesome Scenery, I'm very jealous. I rode on a laser straight road for about 6 miles yesterday :/

Did you drink a Rainier to finish up?

Rikugun

Yes indeed - sounds like an awesome little trip and some beautiful scenery  :)

Where did you get that windscreen accessory? Looks to be a deflector of sorts - is it helpful?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pullshocks

The Rainier brewery closed years ago, sorry to say. 

The deflector lip was on there when I got it 6 years ago, so I don't know how much difference it makes.  it does serve the useful purpose of holding my cracked windscreen together.  I don't think it is available any more. The logo is "fairing spoiler mono fizz."  Nothing turns up on a google search of those words.

pullshocks

Slight correction, apparently there is beer available with the brand name of Rainier, brewed in California somewhere.  Although iRainier was a Northwest favorite back in the day, it would probably taste pretty bland by today's Northwest Microbrew standards.  But I miss their wonderfully creative TV and print ads.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainier_Beer#1970s_and_1980s_advertising_campaigns