News:

Main Menu

11U wire harness.

Started by RedBaron, January 15, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedBaron

Anyone know if the 11U wire harness can be used on an 11H?

Thanks
She is a slim and beautiful 82, so true, black and white and red all over!

QBS

Which model provided the fuel gauge?

The Prophet of Doom

The XZ550RK had the fuel gauge. That's a 28V model code I think.  Also the XZ550S (28W) in other markets. 
The table on Wikipedia is not quite right when it comes to model codes.

I can't speak for the 11U model, but I have looms for 16R,  14X.  They look the same at first glance.  The core bits stator, battery, TCI etc are the same, but controls & lights are identical so I've had to do some re-wiring when swapping bits around. For example the 14x doesn't have flash to pass or self cancelling indicators and so the left hand switch connector is a different shape.

Have a look at the wiring diagrams between the models and see if you can identify the differences

RedBaron

Thanks. I've a line on a NOS U model harness and so I'm weighing the pros of having NOS wiring against the cons of miss-matches in controls. Nothng is easy, is it.

I do have the wiring diagrams and can read the U.S. version easy enough and the others with some challenges since they use different symbology, but it seems some wires are different colors but have the same purpose and circut and the same connector. I love the way the connectors keep you from connecting the wrong circuits.

I will have to be careful, I suppose.

thanks again. Good to talk to you both, it's been some time.

Art
She is a slim and beautiful 82, so true, black and white and red all over!