News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

starter seal

Started by travis_mandeville, July 19, 2003, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travis_mandeville

Does anybody have a starter seal they would sell me, or know where I could pick one up?

Rick G

You could probably get one at any bearing supply house, they can match it to the seal that your removing, however you want a better seal with the same dimensions . Get a seal with a spring on one or better yet both lips . The stock one has no springs at all. Also ,check back as someone will either  have a seal or remember the address to mail order one. I think a minimum oorder is 5
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

It's on my site, Vision Resources, http://www.geocities.com/lucky_142
look on the replacement parts page.

Also it's on the Vision Parts Catalog in the Vision Tech Info folder above

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

sdinino

About 2 years ago I put together a bulk order for these. If I recall, the place we got them from (Bearing Specialty? I don't remember anymore, you could do a search here) sells in batches of 5 or more. If you can find 4 other people who need them, you can put in an order.

We purchased through them because we had a part number that was known to work, and was good quality at a decent price.
-- Steve D

Lucky

That's the place I have listed, although I do know the prices have gon up a little.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Cdnlouie

FYI.  I can buy the starter seals locally one at a time.  I just installed the single lip, spring version on mine and picked up an extra one (just in case).  I can stick it in an envelope and put a stamp on it if anyone can't get one easily.  About 6-10 days (for regular mail) depending where you are.

Hope this helps,

Louie   ;)

Cdnlouie

I have gotten a few requests lately so anyone who needs an address locally in Toronto here it is;

Canadian Bearing
1401 Courtney Park Drive
Mississauga, Ontario
Their number is 905-670-7422

Give me a shout if you help with getting one,

Louie  ;)