News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Carb Overhaul Question

Started by Re-Vision, February 03, 2014, 09:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Where can I find parts 2 and 3 of http://vimeo.com/71009440 ?

Really like parts 1 and 4.

BDC

fret not

Might have to make parts 2 and 3.  Gotta camera?

He buggered the gasket, and with a bit of care that can be avoided, usually.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Re-Vision

Yesterday I bought a Harbor Freight Ultra-Sonic cleaner and today I was wondering would anyone like to see how well it works on some very dirty 82 carbs. I have a couple of Keyster kits as well as a fuel pump kit. I've never done a carb before so I may fall on my face. Please offer suggestions and advice so I don't screw it up too bad. Below pictures are the carbs and they look like they've never been touched before. I'll disassemble and start cleaning now.     BDC

Re-Vision

I bent part of the front carb float and both gaskets were ruined. A question, is there a simple way to check to see if the rubber gaskets on either side of the butterfly valve should be replaced?      BDC

pullshocks

After 32 years I would say there is 99.999% likelihood that it would be worth replacing the throttle shaft seals.

Re-Vision

I have one disassembled that looks fine to me but I don't know how the rubber compares with a new one.     BDC

fret not

Bobby, I don't think I have ever seen carbs quite that dirty!  I bet it must be original "patina" with 'mint' surfaces under that crust.

Re-Vision

Think who ever owned it had an oil leak, most of it came off but it looks similar to corrosion where the oil was.     BDC

Re-Vision

I almost forgot to show the after picts.      BDC

fret not

Looks like an improvement, all right.  Your bike should run better after this, I think.  For sure it will look better. ;)

Re-Vision

These carbs are not from my riding bike, I have about a dozen sets that I need to clean and overhaul.     BDC

Re-Vision

Any suggestions on how to unstick emulsion tubes?    BDC

cvincer

Re-Vision

Thank you, knew there was an answer but didn't recall what or where.     BDC