Replacement of Glass Fuses with ATC

Started by workace, November 13, 2014, 01:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

workace

I have owned my 1982 Vision since 1985 (bought it new and it was still in the crate when the contract was signed at the dealer). The glass fuse clips finally corroded and the main fuse clips broke off. I converted the system to ATC fuses but needed to use terminals and modifying the fuses to be held in with the screws. The images show the conversion and current pictures of the motorcycle.

fret not

We generally change out the fuse block for a modern one that uses the blade type automotive fuses.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

workace

The ATC fuses are the blade type and it was easier for me to use something in my inventory with some innovation as to punching out the fuses so they fit under the screws. Which blade type blocks did you use, do you have the part numbers and information on the source where you bought them. Would be interested to see a picture of your conversion.

Rikugun

Nice job and very clean installation. That's all contained within the factory fuse box, right?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

workace

Thanks for endorsement and yes it is in the original fuse box