News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Starter motor spring seal - anyone found one?

Started by biaggi, August 23, 2003, 01:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biaggi

Having replaced the bushes recently I wanted to fit the upgraded seal to prevent future damage and oil baths.

Has anyone managed to find a seal in the UK???

Wherever I go over here they look like I'm having a laugh with them!!! (maybe it's me :D)

:)

h2olawyer

Try to find a bearing supply store.  They provide bearings and seals to agricultural and industrial users.  The seal size is 20x35x6 (millimeters).  I found one here in Colorado.  If you cannot locate one in the UK, try contacting Rocky Mountain Supply (http://rockymountainsupply.com).  If they won't send one to you, let me know and I'll pick one up and send it over to you.  Lucky has a supplier on the East Coast but they require purchasing in minimum lots (I think of 5 or more).  Rocky Mountain sold one to me just a couple weks ago.  Good luck in your search!
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.