Main Menu

Ebay Pipes

Started by mshowe, April 24, 2014, 04:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshowe

Does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161212975068?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Do you have to rejet?

Which year do they fit?
1981 Honda XL 125S
1983 Yamaha Vision
1993 Yamaha Venture

Jimustanguitar

Those look like the Mac exhausts that several of us have. If they are the real deal, you should be able to find details about them on Mac's website.

There are several exhaust options out there, but these are well liked by most of the folks that have them (haven't installed mine yet, so can't speak to that yet)

George R. Young

I had them on an '82. No need to rejet. They're a bit louder than stock.

Rikugun

When MAC claims "no re-jetting required", I wouldn't be surprised if they are assuming stock engine with no modifications.

I have to imagine with the scarcity of OEM pleated paper air filters some Visionaries may be using UNI or K&N filters. It's my understanding these filters flow more air than the stock filter.  Additionally, by the 1980's carbs were running leaner by mandate. It wouldn't hurt to check plug color after sustained fast cruising when MACs are used to ensure the main jet is supplying adequate fuel.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan