lookin for clutch cable

Started by drtaco, March 20, 2014, 06:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drtaco

hey guys got my bike runnin sort of. gas tank off and gravity feed bottle. sounds great don't know if it will stay quiet after blowing out all the mice nests ;D any way clutch cable is not working any leads where to get a new one? oh yeah it is an 83 vision. also petcock valve, I can find for $136us any cheaper sight. change oils and anti-freeze, coat fuel tank, resolve clutch and petcock, I'll be ridin by summer YEE HAW. i'am ridin a 2009 dr 200

QBS

Is the cable actually broken?

Rikugun

Someone here may have one to sell you. You can try E-Bay or these guys can make any kind of cable you want:
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pullshocks

do a forum search on 83 petock.  short version: pay the $136 or install generic inline fuel valves.

drtaco

I posted a response from motion pro on the tech board child thing. get this though, got a dealer he did a computer search and said one was at a dealer 4 hours away, so had trouble calling them so I emailed them the next day, low and behold the day before they shipped it out, DAMN IT!!! so any way motion pro said they could make me one 40 bucks. yeah 136 for petcock is the way i'll go. again believe it or not about 2 weeks ago I just paid 100 for my dr200 petcock it was also vacaum operated but no rebuild kit. my visions fuel cock plastic tubes are blackish and still holding 13 yearold gas that wont come out of the screen :)

Rikugun

Quote from: drtaco on March 21, 2014, 08:57:00 PM
I posted a response from motion pro on the tech board child thing. get this though, got a dealer he did a computer search and said one was at a dealer 4 hours away, so had trouble calling them so I emailed them the next day, low and behold the day before they shipped it out, DAMN IT!!! so any way motion pro said they could make me one 40 bucks.....
I had a similar experience when I first got my Vision. My cousin told me about his favorable experience with Motion Pro. At the time, they even had a few pre-made '82 clutch cables in stock. I was looking for the shorter '83 cable and was about to have them make one when I found a dealer in an adjacent state with a NOS '83 cable. I paid less than the MP custom cable and it's a genuine Yamaha part so I was happy.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

drtaco

after a game of "phone tag" I got 2 for the price of one out of Utah dealer wanted to clear old inventory cost me including shipping $28 ALL RIGHT!!

fret not

Doctor Taco, now THAT'S a deal!  I found a stock cable for less than $20  and free shipping about a year ago.  If you regularly scan eBay you can find some real bargains of NOS parts from time to time.  Get them when you can, don't wait until you need them.  Anyway, someone will need them sooner or later, and as long as they are available here on the ROV they won't go to waste.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!