Anybody used MotoBatt?

Started by Jimustanguitar, April 07, 2014, 11:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

http://www.motobattbatteries.com/about

I just ordered an AGM replacement for my Buell. They're more than a wal-mart battery, but have a 2 year warranty, free shipping, and are AGM vs traditional wet acid, so I thought I'd give it a try. They are also an Amazon Prime seller, if you do that sort of thing. I'm not sure about their "more lead" sales pitch, but it sure sounds good :) I think that surface area would matter more than the actual amount...

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw a battery supplier out there for anyone else interested. I'll let you know how it goes.

vadasz1

I checked it out and sounds good.  I tried e-bay and I can only see it being supplied from Europe for the MTBX14AU which is the size Motobatt website says is for our V's.  Price shipped to Canada is $88.05 CND + $7.51 for shipping.  Pretty cheap for an AGM battery.  Also it has 4 posts so it is easier to tap off of the battery for more power later.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

The Prophet of Doom

I had one in the XZ400.  Cranked better than lead/acid and kept its charge way longer.  Build quality good, but the terminals kept coming loose I kept meaning to hit them with some locktite, but unsure what that would do to conductivity.