News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

How to speak New Zulander

Started by The Prophet of Doom, April 16, 2014, 06:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Since there are more Kiwis (per head of population) than any other country on this forum, it's about time you lot started learning to speak proper.  Here's a brief guide

Rikugun

That's good. You'll have to update the list to include Boeing's triple sivven, like the Malaysian earplane that disappeared into thin ear.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

dingleberry

oh moi gawd, we dunt torque like dis do wee? reely?
You like, oui?

drtaco

WOW this is cheaper than the Rosetta Stone software!! if i ever travel down there i'll feel like a local ;D you guys have what..maybe 6 or 7 of the most deadliest animals on earth :o

dingleberry

Yeah, Nah we are only allowed 1 wife here :police:
You like, oui?

pinholenz

Its the Aussies who have all the deadly stuff; different cuntry; they speak 'strine over there and its full of snakes.

However in New Zuland, we do have the most densely populated graveyard for Harleys in the world. 800 km east of Chistchurch, (PoD country), on the very edge of the known world, are the Chatham Islands. They boast more millionaires and Harleys per capita than anywhere else. But, nearly all the roads are gravel and men outnumber women 2 to 1.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

The Prophet of Doom

drtaco

oh dear did I stir the hornets nest ;D yeah I remember now in my twisted history facts- new zuland is where all the rich sea captains would stay when dropping off criminals and picking up erotic.. I mean exotic wildlife from that BIG island. all that old money passed down is how ya'll can afford visions. ;)

pullshocks

What I notice is you don't use short "e" sounds,  my mountain bike buddy Fenton pronounced it "Feeentin"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinholenz

Sounds like he was 'strine from the BIG island.

pullshocks

No, he was from NZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinholenz

The Prophet of Doom

Americans are always mixing up Australians and New Zealanders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_rXxi0zhM

Rikugun

Looks like an interesting show - just added season one to the Netflix queue.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

dingleberry

This explains the difference between Kiwis and Aussies best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K65_spUU05s
You like, oui?

drtaco

Quote from: dingleberry on April 22, 2014, 05:06:03 AM
This explains the difference between Kiwis and Aussies best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K65_spUU05s
WHAT THE HELL DID I WATCH!!  :o 8 minutes of wtf is that cricket $hit, not only did I not have a clue of what was going on but that made it even harder to tell the difference between foster swallowers and emerson's clam stout chuggers  ;D

If I offended anybody with that jokin around, I apologies if it was in bad taste

dingleberry

Hey, I for one enjoy a stout clam  :P
You like, oui?

Re-Vision

I had my first Pasty earlier this week in Twin Falls,Idaho. I thought the steak and potatoes was pretty good. The Kiwi cook said she hadn't heard of Taylor's Mistake.  BDC

iain

Most kiwis haven't heard of Taylor's Mistake ????its at the edge of the world

Iain
NZ