Predator exhaust systems

Started by tmyth79, April 22, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmyth79

Any body have a predator exhaust system that would be willing to share some info, such as pics and measurements?
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, for our families and friends depend on it. Safety always comes first!

The Prophet of Doom

tmyth79

Any chance you get me detailed pics of the  Y sections and pipe diameter measurements?
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, for our families and friends depend on it. Safety always comes first!

lexx790

I have one on my bike , will try and get some pictures and measurements for you soon.
I do know the y section is smaller diameter than the front ones.

tmyth79

Much appreciated lexx, looking for the diameter of all pipes.

lexx790

I tried pictures but they didnt show anything, you just side one side of the y pipe.
Better pictures on the forum.
The top outside diameter of the y pipe is 25.5mm.
After the y section the outside diameter is 35.5mm up to the rear muffler.

tmyth79

Thank you, your assistance is much appreciated. If I am understanding correctly, the pipes from the head to the y are 25mm and the pipe after the y to the muffler is 35mm. All the pictures I see look as tho the pipes pre y are bigger.

lexx790

Zoom in on the Predator Exhaust picture in the Technical link at the top of the page and you will see the y section has notably different size pipes.
Also I work in an engineering factory and cover in the inspection dept, so you can trust me if I say something is a certain size.  :D

tmyth79

I trust you, it's my brain's way of interpreting things sometimes that I don't trust just trying to make sure I understood it correctly. Thanks again for the info.

Re-Vision

lexx,mine measured 28.5 mm and 38 mm.    BDC

tmyth79

I will be starting my system next week, thanks guys for the info.

The Prophet of Doom

My predators are engraved "Competition Use Only".  According to Predator Motorsports they only made a very few of these, and yes they are way too loud to ride on the road legally.  They were very helpful and for a modest EUR49 sent me a road legal conversion kit  (steel, not stainless). 
Shouldn't be too hard to fab one of these if you are in the same boat.

lexx790

My Predator exhaust has decided to return itself back to mother earth and needed replacing.
Luckily on UK ebay a Jama system came up ( sold in 4 separate lots by the seller) which I have now purchased.
So the bikes going back to the original twin exhaust look, just need a weekend free to fit it.

Rikugun

Quote from: lexx790 on April 26, 2015, 05:46:10 AM
My Predator exhaust has decided to return itself back to mother earth and needed replacing.
Was that due to rust or some other natural disaster?  Is rust generally a problem with bikes in the UK?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

I'm interested to know why also - Predators are stainless steel so rust shouldn't be such a problem.

lexx790

Living in the far South West of UK (closest bit to USA) we have a bit more than just our fair share of rust.
Mild moist weather, living next to the sea, using the bike all year round with salted roads in the winter all add up to high corrosion risk.
The 2 front downpipes and the rear silencer both around the wheels have suffered the most.
Stainless steel has many grades, not all are totally rustproof.

The Prophet of Doom

That's grim.  Predators are 1.5mm 300 series stainless.  Mine are spotless, but have a much easier life :-)