News:

Main Menu

New Vision Rider Need Help

Started by rshattuck, June 27, 2014, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rshattuck

Hey guys, I just recently picked up my 82 vision and I need some help getting it to run right. I had it running good and I was out for a ride and it started to bog out and had no power. I pulled and cleaned the carbs and now it has hardly any power at all. I can rev it up in neutral and it'll redline the tack but once in gear it wont go over 4,000 rpms. Any advice would be appreciated.

QBS

If it doesn't have one, install a fuel filter.  Carbs sound like their secondary circuit jets are clogged.  They are the ones that are buried under in the underside of the carb bodies and require carb removal to access.  Welcome to the group.

rshattuck

I have a fuel filter installed already, I'll tear the carbs aparts again tomorrow.  If that doesn't work do you have any other suggestions? 

rshattuck

I cleaned the carbs and it runs good but I now I have a huge fuel leak! Its not leaking out of petcock or the carbs, only leaks when its running and comes out very fast, I cant pinpoint where its coming from.

fret not

Check for split fuel lines.  Better get it repaired soon or it may become engulfed in flames. :police:
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

rshattuck

Found the fuel leak, was coming from the overflow line on the carb. Got it fixed and runs better but not great. When im riding it seems like it only runs on one cylinder at times. If I crank on the throttle I can power out of it but if im crusing at lower speeds it cuts in and out. Any suggestions?

kiawrench

you need to re-clean the carbs, you have missed something somewhere. once that is done , take your fuel filler cap apart and clean that up too. the caps have a tendency to get gunk and rust in the air vent passages . this means fuel runs good, then stops or almost stops until tank pressure balances again. lot of riders fight to find that problem -  tip on that is all yours .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

rshattuck

I pulled my carbs apart again and realized that I was missing some parts in one of them. That explains why it wasnt running right lol. Bidding on some new carbs now. Also buying the lower carb boots because mine are basically junk. Hopefully the new parts will bring her to life.

vl5150

I found the lower carb boots on ebay and they shipped from Germany.

rshattuck

I bought mine from a guy in Massachusetts.  Should be here either the end of this week or beginning of next week. Then I'll be able to get her on the road    :D

pullshocks

While you are waiting for the parts, and while you have the tank off, if you havent' already done this, go through and clean all the electrical connections, especially to and from the TCI box, the coils, the spark plug caps