Author Topic: Jet chart - The effect at different throttle openings  (Read 4393 times)

per_w_aberg

• ROV Full Member
  • Vision Molester
Re: Jet chart - The effect at different throttle openings
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 07:02:24 AM »
That's a big step for a jet but a small step for me :) I made a qualified guess. It hardly revved up on ~20% throttle so I knew I was way off. The way I see it its better to start with a big brush. Jets are cheap and I sort of wanted to start on the far end. Its a bit like tuning the suspension on a enduro bike. If you go 1 click you have to darn clever to notice any change jumping around in the woods. Starting big and narrow it down just suits me I guess. I actually got some 90's to!

vl5150

• ROV Full Member
  • Riders of Vision .net
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
I have the micro drill bits here to get the pilot up to a 70.  Haven't done it yet though.  USPS lost the package and it was a mess, but that's another story.

pinholenz

• ROV Senior Member
  • Love the Light
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
Thanks for the tuning sequence POD. Nice logical way of tweaking the jets.

Time to put Bessie back on the road again after the winter layoff. I am determined to beat the bog this season, then maybe start to tidy her up a bit. Not too much mind!

Per, have you put pods on the BD34's? Any close-up photographs of your set-up?

Thanks
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

Prophet Of Doom

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Grand Master
  • The really perverted one amongst us
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 08:13:46 AM »
It has always been my opinion that if your bike is stock, then changing from the factory jetting is probably not necessary.
I'd go for a good sync first, then cleanliness, and if you still have a bog then look at your accelerator pump.

Semi synth oil and iridium plugs also helps incredibly for a smooth running and happy bike.