News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Carb porblems. Upgrade/rebuild options?

Started by E_xz550, July 15, 2014, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

Quote from: b_racuda on July 28, 2014, 12:56:16 PM
All the hard work has now paid off. After changing the stator, regulator, fuse box, some wiring, cams, fittings under carbs, sealing the air box, repairing the YICS, putting new battery and installing Keyster components to carbs now the Vision finally works! I have to also mention that for every new problem which has occurred I have been able to find solution from these websites. Now it is just enjoying the ride 8)
Thanks for the update and for not giving up! It's always nice to hear a success story.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

b_racuda

Forget to mention that also adjusted the valve clearances. I think that Keyster components were vital for getting it running,  other carb was flooding. You can see it from the dynamometer curves. I am planning to revisit the dynamometer to get air/gas mixture absolutely right. Now I have adjusted it just by sound of the engine on idle.

Guerrero

my mistake,i put keyster 1 or 2 years ago in carbs.Still for now no help

b_racuda

I also have new spark plugs, spark plug covers and spark plug wiring. I am not sure if any of them alone helped to get it running. The target was only to change the cams from low power version to normal but the problems started tu accumulate.

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Guerrero on July 28, 2014, 04:53:50 PM
i guess my YICS was fine,still runs bad.and starts really hard..[quote
You *guess* your YICS is fine? Why don't you do the blow test under water and know for sure, or cap the ports?.
Without doubt a leaking YICS is one of the single worst things that can happen to a Vision, and one of the most common. 

Guerrero

If i will be able to start then ill test it

Guerrero

ok,just blowed the Yics..that sounded weird.In water for internal and external leaks.and i must say,unfortunately there is no leaks.so i ,again,guess it is not the fault.
Any other ideas?

Guerrero

interesting after i put Yics back,for some few times it started from half turn :o but was not idling stable.all the time diing.and now again i cant start it,maybe because drained all battery,i do not know for sure.

I found out meaning cap off YICS,can it help?to try? should i just take off the YICS and close the vacuume tubes?

RedBaron

Quote from: E_xz550 on July 15, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
Hey, I'm a new guy here. Thanks for letting me on, I recently purchased an 82 vision for dirt cheap. It seems as though I'm having some carb problems. I can start the bike and it fires right up, but it seems like its intermittently firing on only one cylinder. Most of the time it idles on both. When I go to ride the bike, if I just open up the throttle, the bike only runs on one cylinder and only sometimes does the second cylinder kick in; but if I ease on the throttle and keep it light (instead of just gunning it) the bike runs beautifully, and fires on both cylinders.

I'm attributing this to the carbs. So my question is: would a simple rebuild or re-jet and cleaning of the carbs fix this? Or what carbs can replace the stock ones and provide better performance/stability?

I've done my best to research and understand this, but I personally have had no luck. If anyone could show me in the right direction or give any advice, that would be wonderful.

Seems like a spark problem. But, if it is carb rebuild time I have NEW FLOATS and IMO you need new FLOATS and if you don't you will keep fighting carb problems, sound familiar?
She is a slim and beautiful 82, so true, black and white and red all over!