Vision totally broken after trying to repair the petcock

Started by b_racuda, August 03, 2014, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

You might want to do several lengthy but local shake down rides before you trust it for long distance.  Ride it everyday before your Friday ride for 20 miles or so and see how it does.

b_racuda

I just noticed that my starter won't turn easily. So it feels like the battery don't have enough power to turn the starter. But I have loaded my battery full and you can say that it is brand new. Is this a sympton that the seal is broken from the starter and it is full of oil?

QBS

If you don't know for sure that the oil seal has been upgraded to the spring lip design, the answer is probably yes.

RedBaron

Quote from: b_racuda on August 16, 2014, 06:44:51 AM
I just noticed that my starter won't turn easily. So it feels like the battery don't have enough power to turn the starter. But I have loaded my battery full and you can say that it is brand new. Is this a sympton that the seal is broken from the starter and it is full of oil?

Could be. Take it off and look after you drain the oil.

I have a new red tank that matches your bike. NEW. CLEAN. NORUST. NOPOR. I also have matching new side covers and new fender also matching. You are in luck. I also have a new petcock should your's not be what you need, 82.
She is a slim and beautiful 82, so true, black and white and red all over!

b_racuda

Today went for a test drive (100km), everything worked fine. Few things that need to be repaired in the future, the starter, front forks are too soft, steering stem bearings are worn out.