I just bought new toys for the Vision

Started by sunburnedaz, July 24, 2014, 04:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburnedaz

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered new springs and gold valves for the vision. Whats funny is these parts lightened my wallet more than original vision purchase did. I will document the install for all y'all cause I know there is nothing better than seeing parts getting dropped into these deserving gals.

1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

Rikugun

Looking forward to the install and the subsequent riding impressions.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pullshocks

I think you will be pleased.  A great upgrade.

supervision

Just curious of what wt spring you purchased,  when I used their spring calculator, it was too stiff for me, and I ate it on the return policy.
" border="0

sunburnedaz

I think I might have gotten too stiff of a spring as well. But I might be able to remove some of the preload to get me where I want to be. I went with the 1.0kg per mm. I dropped the spring in the other night and its does ride firm it makes a nice matched set to the much firmer F4 shock I have installed.

I will see how much the gold valves help in a few days when new fork seals get in.
98 ZX-6R Track Bike

supervision

Those are the same springs I sent back. 
" border="0

sunburnedaz

I weigh in at 235 (107kg) at the moment. So if you were lighter than that I can see where these would be too stiff. I think there needs to be a bit more sag than the spacers they sent from the factory are giving me.
98 ZX-6R Track Bike

supervision

You might be fine, I weight 200, it is all about seeing what the static and rider sags are @ both ends.
" border="0