News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

1982 Vision for Sale (Chicago, IL) Low Mileage...

Started by sunfunchicago, August 17, 2014, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunfunchicago

Selling My 1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision.  It's the red one pictured in my avatar.

Super Low Mileage at 6,923   In storage 10+ years. Will need battery & complete servicing before use.  But is still in good shape. This bike is an original paint survivor with the Brilliant Red Yamaha paint. The tank has orange peel on the exterior and the interior suffers from the typical "Vision" tank rust.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/4624167126.html

Located on the North West side of Chicago.  Check out the CL ad and message me if you like additional photos.  Asking $495  Thx, Dan

RedBaron

Quoteand the interior suffers from the typical "Vision" tank rust

I've a fix for that. Somebody should your bike and my new body and tank set and you have a looker with a new tank for what, little over 1 grand. Very cost effective.
She is a slim and beautiful 82, so true, black and white and red all over!

sunfunchicago

SOLD - Just sold this morning for $475 on Craigslist.  I tossed in a "National Cycle" windshield (without the mounting hardware), a set of rear brake pads, and the Yamaha Full Service Manual.

The new owner will likely need a new gas tank - if anyone has a bright red one in decent shape, PM me and I'll forward it on to the buyer (& RedBaron I did forward a copy of your ad to my buyer).    Best, Dan

Jimustanguitar

Quote from: sunfunchicago on August 18, 2014, 10:40:00 AMThe new owner will likely need a new gas tank - if anyone has a bright red one in decent shape, PM me and I'll forward it on to the buyer (& RedBaron I did forward a copy of your ad to my buyer).    Best, Dan

As long as it's air-tight, they're very salvageable. The prep chemicals that come in the POR 15 cycle tank kit do a great job of stripping the flakey rust, and coating the tank with epoxy is a great upgrade anyway, so just do that and knock both birds out with 1 stone.

http://www.por15.com/Fuel-System-Restoration_c_17.html