Main Menu

just a story ,,,

Started by kiawrench, August 19, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

a working man was riding his chop to work one morning and was clipped by a old woman in a old caddy. the poor fellow was killed , and as things go, he went up to the pearly gates.
while standing in line to see St. Peter, he noticed a massive wall of clocks, each click now and then as the hands moved. Once he arrived at the gates, he asked St. Peter, exactly what are all these clocks doing? St. Peter replied " those are lie clocks, everyone has one until they die . they record every lie you tell as you go through life" 
The poor man asked " who owned this clock?"  St. Peter told him that was Mother Teresa's clock, and the hands never moved in her entire life . and the clock beside it was George Washington's clock the hands had only moved a few dozen times."
Curious, the man asked "Well, do you have Barrack Obama's clock someplace on this wall?"

St. Peter said " no, that clock was moved to Jesus's office ----- they are using it for a ceiling fan "
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

dingleberry

ah nice... bet they had to put that clock next to the clock owned by the visionary who said his bike ran fine  :laugh:
You like, oui?

Rikugun

Quote from: dingleberry on August 20, 2014, 04:12:41 AM
ah nice... bet they had to put that clock next to the clock owned by the visionary who said his bike ran fine  :laugh:
Touché!

That's my dad's favorite political joke as of late. It's a versatile one too. One can substitute the name of any politician and it works, or so I thought. I suggested Ronnie Reagan and he nearly had a heart attack. Like any joke, how funny it seems depends on the audience!  ;)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan