News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

In Withdrawal

Started by pullshocks, September 01, 2014, 02:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

So this summer, after 7 years, I sold my Vision.

I really appreciate Ron for maintaining the forum, and all the forum participants for the aughs, help and encouragement.

I have purchased a newer bike (Suzuki V=strom 650).  It has some strengths, but in a lot of ways the Vision was more fun to ride.  And I sure miss the low maintenance of shaft drive.  I definitely had my ups and downs with the Vision, but I was attached to it.  It is strangely emotional after reaching a level of mechanical knowledge and skill with the bike, for my involvement to come to an end.

Like a lot of ex-visionistas, I will still be checking in from time to time, and I have a bunch of goodies that I will be posting in the for sale section.

Rikugun

You'll always have fond memories of the Vision but the hurt will fade over time. As it does, you'll appreciate your new "V" more and more. I've heard really good things about them although being chain drive isn't one of the them! Do stop in now and again and good luck with the new ride  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

fret not

I had a '02 SV650 for a while and liked it a lot but the seat was not very comfortable for long rides and I found the riding position a bit too sporty for me.  Great motor.

In regard to the chain drive, those things last a long time now days if kept reasonably clean, lubed, and adjusted.  I changed mine at about 18,000 miles.  Change both sprockets and chain at the same time when the need arises.  I know it's expensive but get original factory sprockets and high quality chain, then you too can go for 18 - 20K miles before you need to do it again.  Cheaper chains and sprockets, or mixing worn parts with new parts just waste your money. :police:
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

QBS

Check out the Scotoiler (not a typo) system for additional miles.  Many Brit riders swear by it.