Hard luggage setup for Vision $150

Started by pullshocks, September 06, 2014, 01:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

Consists of Yamaha logo Krauser Star side cases, Givi top case, and aluminum frame to mount them on the Vision. 
As shown in the photo below and this thread: http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=13822.msg125494#msg125494
After the photo was taken changed it to use the stock turn signal stalks instead of the smaller aftermarket lights shown.
I toured with this setup and it is very stable.  Many hours were spent working out this setup.  Full disclosure:  it slightly limits the rotation of the seat, and removing the rear wheel requires partially unbolting the right side rack.

The bags alone are worth the asking price of
$150 plus shipping from 98105

VisionSeattle

I may be interested, but probably after I sell my FJR1300 and the dust clears. My other bike, still in project mode, could use some luggage...but doubt the brackets will adapt. If nothing else I'd be interested in your trunk and mount it to a rack that fits an xj650 Maxim. Maybe the side cases too if I can find brackets that would work.

pullshocks

Still hoping somebody in the Vision world would want this setup.  If not I will have to sell the cases individually.  Make me an offer.

Old Man Zzzz

Hi,  do you still have the setup ??? You selling the Fairing as well?  I'm definitely interested....

pullshocks

Fairing went with the bike. 

As far as the luggage, you are about a week too late......since nobody came forward, I put the cases up separately on CL .  Too bad, I would have loved to see the setup put to use by another Vision owner. 

Tiger

O M zzz...Regarding luggage set up:

Locate a complete Krauser side/top frame, Craigs list, ebay, etc...They are fairly easy to adapt to fit a Vision ;)

Tiger.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Old Man Zzzz

Thanks Tiger will check it out.
Am looking for the full fairing set and saddle bags... Don't want the trunk...