News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Ghost Town

Started by The Prophet of Doom, September 08, 2014, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

It's like a ghost town in here lately.
Where has everyone gone?

skucera

It might be we've gone out for a ride. ;)

Scott

The Prophet of Doom

Ha, doubtful, only 1 out of 10 Visions actually work  8)

Rikugun

That's why my second bike is not a Vision   :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

fiat-doctor

Not only quiet, but sad to see so many long time owners move on.
I check in every day but rarely post.
Vision has been down for the summer but it's a top
priority for this winter. 
Been running up the miles on my
Honda 70 Passport of all things.
Steve

fret not

I just got home from the Bonneville salt flats.  Been there for several days trying to get my brother's salt bike (modified Suzuki T500) to go in a straight line.  Must be some 'imbalance' in the system as it tends to oscillate above 140.  Some head scratching to do, and lengthen the swing arm and body work.  And yes, the wheels are well aligned.

Anyway, I'm back now.

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

vl5150

I've been busy fixing my family ATV fleet and doing some hot rodding on my car.

I did take the time to do some Vision work tonight so my bike looks to be sorted out.  It's been at 95% all summer, so now it's 100%  (see other post.)

82NightRyder

Hi! I'm new, so I just got here. ;D

QBS

Welcome to the group.  Please tell us about your V and where you are located.

hoverhead47

Quote from: ProphetOfDoom on September 08, 2014, 04:58:43 PM
It's like a ghost town in here lately.
Where has everyone gone?
Hi,
I looked in on this site about five or more years ago and was a little disappointed by the lack of activity then that I didn't bother to try to join as I thought it was pretty well defunct, so it appeared :(
I've now joined in and this time when I looked in there has been recent activity :)  I notice that a couple of days after I registered the the site went down :( This left me a little puzzled and I thought that I had again left my run too late.  I am happy to see that this was temporary and there have been some recent messages and even some that are relevant to my current motorcycles state. :)

Hoverhead.

Jimustanguitar

Spring is really the busy season around here. That's when 50 new owners all ask about their carbs at the same time :)

Rikugun

and/or charging system woes....    :)

This forum like others goes through cycles of varying activity. Old members leave, new come on board and it continues to chug along.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

jefferson

Halloween is coming up you know. We're just getting ready.

Bill

Today is my 63rd birthday and to celebrate I'm going to have some barbeque and a ride on my Vision.  I have been riding my yellow Vision all summer and have had a lot of fun.  I'm a school teacher and the kids at my school think the old bike is neat.  Still a month of good riding weather here in Central Washington.  Plans for next spring are to redo the fork seals and finally get the carbs right.  My car is getting better mileage than my Vision. 

hoverhead47

Quote from: Bill on September 28, 2014, 02:01:24 PM
Today is my 63rd birthday and to celebrate I'm going to have some barbeque and a ride on my Vision.  I have been riding my yellow Vision all summer and have had a lot of fun.  I'm a school teacher and the kids at my school think the old bike is neat.  Still a month of good riding weather here in Central Washington.  Plans for next spring are to redo the fork seals and finally get the carbs right.  My car is getting better mileage than my Vision.
Happy Birthday Bill.
My cars have always achieved better mileage than the XZ!  It's probably one of the reasons I just said can't afford this any longer, leave it in the shed.  But then I have been running VW diesels for the last 30 years, 5L per 100km really is a tough target to beat!

The Prophet of Doom

You have to love the economy of the newer Eurodiesels, my Citroen HDI costs me less than 1/4 on fuel than my previous car.

pinholenz

It coming in to warmer weather on the this side of the equator. Looking forward to being back on the bike.

Last I checked I was getting 4.7 l/100 km on the 550. Have dropped some bigger main jets into the old girl this time to see what happens to the stumble. I don't expect the mileage to improve....

Carbs all synced up today after a carb rebuild.

Can't wait to get on the road again.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

hoverhead47

Which jets did you make larger, what size did you go?

pinholenz

Ask me again in a month when I have had a chance to thoroughly road test the bike to see what difference there is - I might have gone backwards!
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550