I don't know what to do guys....

Started by Humber, October 20, 2014, 05:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

Hello to all new and the old ones.....

I don't know what to do guys.... really....

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/1K81Di-Sl8gb1a81Di-S4-c/IMG_20141019_120349.jpg

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/YbdU45s6aqUbYLdU45s6Hoo/IMG_20141019_120355.jpg

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/mAD5QeZCwZkbmQD5QeZCtbY/IMG_20141019_120402.jpg

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/O01eMCMisNYbOk1eMCMixPk/IMG_20141019_120413.jpg

You are quite aware of what the thing is.... and the story goes like that.

Just a while ago some young guy (17 years old) wrote on my messenger, if I was perhaps Mr Pawel.... yeah what is it my friend???  Did you once ride this bike???

Helll.... it was ten years ago that I sold it to someone I thought quite reasonable... I got a shock.... yeah indeed, I once rode it.... so here it is.

What's the story, she didn't have luck with the new owner as you see, sold it with 65kkm and now it shows 71kkm.... the young guy bought it from a friend of his..... whereas his friend saved it from the hands of the guy who bough it from me. I was said the talk was like that... either you take it or I'll scrap it, need some place for my new Ducati, 5 minutes to make up your mind.

So the guy was given it free, and then he sold her to the young one who wrote to me just a while ago, and the latter one got my CD with it... and the number of my messenger and just he writes... I got some more pictures, looks as if the 83 is still there and looks sharp...

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/-dhHDZH7Xz8b-NhHDZH7KxA/IMG_20141020_205957.jpg

looks as if I had cleaned it not that long ago..... the Mac is still there... he even fired her up and she talks without any knock....

Would you be willing to have it back... how much?

150 bucks with all the stuff around and a new fender and a cowl....

I don't know what to do guys... 700 kms away from me.... lost my job not that long ago, I earn 150 bucks a month now....

nie ma podpis?w

skucera

Economics always rule my heart, especially when I'm out of work.  If it were free and local I'd say to take it, but if it costs a month's unemployment check and it's 700 km from home, well, it will cost you even more to drag it all home... money you don't have right now.  Let her go....  There will be other opportunities in the future.

Good luck finding a job too.

Scott

fret not

And it runs!  Decisions, decisions, what to do.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

I'd like to have almost all my old bikes back - but that's only because I only remember the good bits.  There was a reason I got rid of them but I forget and they all seem cool now.  It can also be disappointing to get your old bike back and see all your hard work ruined through neglect and incompetence.

Even so, the XZ is a great bike if you put some work in.  Hard to spend with no work, but having had some long periods without myself I found that you need some projects to keep you motivated.  You can't spend all day looking for work and cleaning the house.  $150 is a bargain, it won't be the end of it though, how much for even just oil change and filter?  half that much again? and waht if it needs a TCI unit?

Of course you could always just clean it, park it up and do any major mechanicals after you are working again.

Humber

You see, I sold it because I needed money for a car to commute to university, the bike never let me down, I bought it seized when I was 17 myself and repaired it.

Now I think not only about myself but also about my nephew, still, he likes it more than the new bikes around, however, you are more right with "the price of oil", which will probably grow even three times as much on the way...
nie ma podpis?w

pinholenz

Its still a sharp bike, but its been dropped hard, so there is quite a bit to spend on it with repairs, new tank paint etc.  Offer him 50 bucks as a finders fee and be ready to walk away. He's got a new Ducati. You've got no job. A 1400 km round trip is no small expense. Or maybe do it as a project WITH your nephew (with him paying) and not for your nephew. A lifetime of memories come from stuff such as that

And, I am sure there are other projects waiting to be done around the house for which your significant other would be grateful.

Good luck!
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

Humber

Guys, I have no problem in skills and workshop:
http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=14676.msg134999#msg134999

Money is something different, as you say, can I afford another toy? However, it is not meant to be bought for me, after all I would buy it for my nephew and he is 16 and rides the am6 Derby now. With this in mind, I could just buy it and even keep it and wait for a while for the money to come. It would be a long project so no problem. But still.. how can I be sure my nephew will be willing to look at her when he is let's say 21, now he is saying he wants it, because there are so many memories with this bike, he still remembers riding on the tank

http://www.gg.pl/dysk/3bHFYoHf9LcQ3LHFYoHf57Q/20141021_153259.jpg

but who knows, he is still young and I have been observing him, He is not that perserverant as I was at his age, he says one thing now and does sth still different later....  ??? and I think, there is a possibility that the bike will finally become my another toy, and this I am afraid of. Anyway, yesterday I got a message that the starter died, I told them not to crank her too hard because it stood for too long, and would be just better to bump-start her at first but they did not listen and I must say... it touched me  ;D

The bike does not look that bad for my skills and I am still considering.... I think I am not going to bargain because I couldn't possibly do it with the 17 year old boy who tells me he just wants to get his pocket money back and he is not able to fix her and for this price, probably some scrap scavengers will take her and you know....

Still, yesterday I visited traffic departament because the bike still has my registration plates, they tell me no problem, I don't even have to inform them or whatever that I am buying, I just only need to buy a new insurance and that's all....

PS.
It is not the ducati guy that is selling (the ducati guy bought it from me 10 years ago, had an accident and did not repair it, anyway I phoned  the ducati guy yesterday (managed to find him on his blog) and he is happy I found it. He told me about the accident and indeed the bike run for another 6000km since his purchase and for the rest of time it stood still. The guy who is selling is the one who bought the bike from one of the ducati guy's friends. The bike changed owners at least 4 times and each time it was always given free with the exception of the 17 year old one who contacted me on my messenger and just wants to withdraw his investement. He had the documentation on the CD I once made and sold to LUCKY (the admin of this forum), so if you ever bought the CD from LUCKY, there is a chance that a big part of the material there is mine (manuals converted to pdfs is my job). So very kind of him to contact me...

I hope it is clear now...

nie ma podpis?w

Coil Coyle

QBS

Lucky is not the Admin of this Forum.  That would be Ron.  Thank you Ron for Everything you do for us and our beloved Vs.

The Prophet of Doom

It was Lucky selling the cd for a while.  All those resources and many more besides are now posted free for everyone on this thread.  http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=12221
Since there's a good chance you have an 11U model, you will be interested that there is now 11U fiche and workshop manual in the set.

Humber

Let it be as you say, go to members page, list by date regeistered, first page at the bottom... I know vision stuff, I rode her for quite a long time, overhauled the engine.... even sold EU clutch gears sets at some point here, traded with RICK G.... many many memories...

nie ma podpis?w

Rikugun

Were there aftermarket manuals as part of that CD or just Yamaha factory ones? I have a factory manual but wouldn't mind a copy of a Haynes.

BTW, nice to see a new post by one of the early ROV members!   :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Humber

I still have the CD on my hdd, willing to have a look?
nie ma podpis?w

Rikugun

ProphetofDoom sent me a link and I've successfully downloaded it. Thanks though, I appreciate the response.

Thanks to cvincer for his offer as well.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Humber

I am going for her... hope this week mine again
nie ma podpis?w

The Prophet of Doom

Well done Humber.  Good luck for your restoration.

Humber

I went there, 800km altogether, I even had it on my trailer, then I looked at it with reminiscence for quite a while.... and decided to load her off... I don't know how to explain it but definetely not a bike I would be interested in after all these years.

This is the last time I have seen her

a that's how the story ends...
nie ma podpis?w

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

skucera

Maybe it's like meeting an old girlfriend after many years... lots of mixed feelings, but you realize that you just can't go back.  The page is turned, and the story goes on.

I haven't had the fate to run into an old motorcycle I once owned.  I've seen cars that I sold driving in traffic, but that's not the same as Humber's recent Vision experience. 

But I have met old girlfriends from decades ago... and talked with them awhile....  Sometimes it is best to go forward.

Scott

Humber

Indeed it is hard, Today.. again I would like to go back and take it... but better leave things the way they are....  :-X

nie ma podpis?w