Deus ex machina - temple of enthusiasm

Started by The Prophet of Doom, November 12, 2014, 07:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Today I went to the Deus ex machina temple of enthusiasm in Indonesia. Great to see some of their bike builds in the flesh including a $35k bike based on a w650. However it was so hot all I could think of was the beer.

Rikugun

Based on the picture it also appears you were shaking and fell on your side! Are you OK?  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

dingleberry

I haven't been here for a while so have I missed something? Are you on  your honeymoon? They make some tasty bikes. The w650 trackers are nice indeed.
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

Yes on honeymoon. Got married last week. The trackers I think look better in pictures than in real life. Their work is class but they stl look like old bikes. I was expecting a top to toe refurbishment as well.

fret not

Well, congratulations!  I wish the best for you and your new Mrs.  Are we going to see less of you then?  When will you get the race bike completed now? ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

dingleberry

Yes congrats! If you're back in time we're having a bbq for our 10 year adversity, oh I mean anniversary. Enjoy your holiday.
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

Cool, would love to come. Can you send me a pic of your house, last time was a disaster. What day/ time? We are back Tuesday.
You guys will be seeing  more of me from now on. Now that there's a ring on her finger I no longer have to impress with romantic dinners.

The Prophet of Doom

Went for a repeat visit to Deus today. Their cafe is bigger but somehow their bikes are scruffier and not so much to my liking. Perhaps they have ironically lost their enthusiasm.

Not being a Tuesday I missed out on free tattoos but that's no great loss.