News:

Main Menu

NZ parts

Started by dingleberry, December 06, 2014, 04:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingleberry

Have a look in the stator cover. One of my 400s seemed seized but after taking off the cover it was the starter gears locking up.
You like, oui?

750tracker

It turns but locks at a certain position. I have pulled the Stator cover off and it still does it. Will take the clutch cover cover off and see if it does it.

dingleberry

Are the gears that drive the counterbalance shaft still there? Have you had it running at all?
You like, oui?

750tracker

Yea had it running when I first got it. It had a bad knock to it. So pulled it apart, 46mm nut was loose. Tightend it. Went to turn the motor over. turns half a revolution and locks.

PwrManDan

are you turning by hand or using the starter motor?

Guerrero

the same "symptoms" was for my bike-half turn,1 compression and lock.and to the back.But my 1 cylinder was dead,pystons kissed with head :)

fret not

Quote from: 750tracker on January 15, 2015, 10:07:47 PM
Yea had it running when I first got it. It had a bad knock to it. So pulled it apart, 46mm nut was loose. Tightened it. Went to turn the motor over. turns half a revolution and locks.
Maybe the cam chain slipped a tooth or two.  What condition are the cam chain tensioners?  You have to removew the cams before the heads can come off.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

750tracker

Rod bearing for the rear cylinder is stuffed. there is 2-4mm of vertical play. Im sure cranck will be stuffed but havent completly stripped down the motor yet.

Rikugun

Wow sorry to hear that. It does seem to happen now and again.

Is the top end off and does the engine now turn over?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

dingleberry

How much do you want for engine? Freight would be the problem
You like, oui?

750tracker

Motor still wont turn over fully.

If I can find a second hand motor, I would sell mine but you name your price i guess.
Given up finding a new piston and rings.