Main Menu

Curious

Started by Re-Vision, March 10, 2015, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

I'm curious as to why my post count hasn't changed the last few time posting. If my post count doesn't go to 2150 with this post then I'll never catch Lucky. LOL         BDC

ps It changed, maybe it's senior moments I should be counting.

The Prophet of Doom

I'm curious as to why you have one green square and I have 5 yellow ones
And why yours says "contributing member" and mine doesn't.  Did I not contribute enough?

fret not

Green square is for donation to the site (money) to help keep it going. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

dingleberry

Here POD you can have mine.....
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

But I did donate.  Perhaps it only applies to American donators

Rikugun

I donated in January for the first time so either it wasn't enough, Ron hasn't updated, or the green square means something else. I can't say I'm terribly concerned about it - at least not since reading about the yellow Sneetches with green stars on their bellies.  ;)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

I'm not so concerned either - except perhaps that we donate and the $ don't arrive in Ron's money pot
I just had to renew my company Domain names and web hosting the other day - it costs more than you would think so would encourage others to donate to Ron as well.  If he end up out of pocket I could see us losing this facility eventually

cvincer

Perhaps the name you use on this site, is different from the account the money was sent from, like me.

Rikugun

I would think Ron has the donate button linked to the account where he wants the funds to go. When I donated I also sent an email as a heads up. I never got a response indicating he never got the funds so for now I'll assume he did.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan