An Interesting V-Twin

Started by Rikugun, April 23, 2015, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

Saw this little gem at a local vintage bike show. It's a brand I was unaware of until now. It's sports an air cooled a 350cc engine with single carb, shaft drive, four speed transmission and is fully suspended.

Here's a link showing about 90 of the reported 900 bikes there. Maybe it's just my connection but I had to reload the page several times before it worked.
https://picasaweb.google.com/112115122772184456557/NortonGathering2015?authkey=Gv1sRgCIWthu-M4I6z1QE#slideshow/6139588583633302722
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

Interesting, what brand is it?       BDC

Rikugun

It's a 1956 Victoria Bergmeister V-35 made in Nurnberg, W Germany. Note the auxiliary "emergency" shift handle near the shift pedal. The 4 speed transmission operates with 4 sets of duplex roller chain. The single 24mm Bing carb feeds through passages cast in the case, cylinder block and cylinder head before reaching the inlet valve. Maybe it was the "Vision" of it's day! 
21 HP @ 6350 RPM - yeehaa  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

dingleberry

What a lovely old machine. I would happily have one in my shed. I recognized the name Victoria from this site: http://dinamoto.it/
Click the blue bike on the right hand and have your speakers on, there's some nice mood "music".
You like, oui?

Rikugun

Quote from: dingleberry on April 24, 2015, 02:32:36 AM
What a lovely old machine. I would happily have one in my shed.
Me too!

Interesting site there with lots of tech articles - wish I spoke Italian so I get more from it.

dingleberry

You don't have to speak Italian, only read it  ::)

No seriously, there is a Union Jack ( British flag ) in the top right hand corner. Click it, it will transform all the words like magic!
You like, oui?

Rikugun

Quotethere is a Union Jack ( British flag ) in the top right hand corner. Click it, it will transform all the words like magic!

:-[ Oh, that would be helpful....    wait a minute, I don't speak British either!  :P