More Carb & Choke issues

Started by RBFD415, May 29, 2015, 09:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBFD415

I know the usual drill with the carb issues, disassemble, check and clean....been through it. Frankly I'm fatigued as hell with working on this thing. Would like to ride it for change, rather than just fix and repair it!

Bike started absolutely fine this this spring- zero issues- started at once, no problems- just the way I put it up for the winter!

Two days ago- started it, fine on choke- after backing the choke off the bike is back to crazy high rev surging- 2- 3 grand RPM. Bike is rideable with the choke adjusted about half way- mid position.

This ring any bells for anybody? Before I go full tilt ripping it apart again (for the.....how many times)?!

I know its been stated here that there's nothing wrong with the design of the bike and carbs, they just need TLC. I've given about all the TLC I can spare over 20 some years! I really want to ride- not constantly tinker!

fret not

That sounds like some extra air is getting in somewhere.  Check the carb boots for cracks.  Is the YICS blocked off?  If you rev the engine does the RPM drop slowly or does it come down quickly?  If it comes down quickly the problem is probably adjustment in the throttle linkage, but if it comes down slowly it's more likely an air leak leaning out the fuel/air mixture.  Has anyone messed with your carbs?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!