News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Not working proberly after idling

Started by b_racuda, August 08, 2015, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_racuda

Ok, anyone has had the same problem which I noticed yesterday, after the motor is warm I let the bike idle a while and then when starting to drive again the bike stalls. So another way of saying the bike is not taking revs. After a short while bike is working proberly again.

I don't know if this is related to the problem but after turning the bike off there is clearly hearable saound from the gas tank cap, like it is not letting the air in the tank freely. If I somehow want to describe the sound it is whistling. The cap is having some rust in the inner surface.

fret not

Inspect the fuel cap for free flow of the vent.  You may need a piece of wire and compressed air to clear it, but it should not restrict the flow of air into or out of the tank.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

b_racuda

Update, opened the cap and it is badly corroded. Also the gasket inside th cap is broken. I did clean it with carb cleaner and put it back together. The bike runs fine no and the problem was solved with cleaning the cap. I think I have to purchase a new cap. Can you change the parts from the old cap to the new ome so that you can use the old key?

fret not

Clean the corrosion with a wire brush and compressed air, then replace the washer (gasket).  I would apply a bit of oil to the newly bared metal to slow the corrosion.  Your key should continue to work.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

b_racuda

The cap is so badly corroded from the inside and the gasket is very fragile. I did clean the old cap from the rust and blowed the ventilation holes with compressed air. But the new cap is only 30 euros with the delivery from the Ebay so I am thinking of getting a new cap. Just the keys are the problem, I want to have old keys with a new cap. So that the same key fits to ignition and to the cap. So can I change the lock mechanism from the old cap to the new cap?

The Prophet of Doom

I took a new cap and my old keys into a locksmith.  They changed the keying while I waited.  Cost around $30