Shaft drive oil seal 93101-47108

Started by b_racuda, July 14, 2015, 11:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_racuda

Today I noticed that my drive shaft is leaking oil from the rubber boot. I think that oil seal 93108-47108 is damaged because it was in the owen when the outer shell of shaft drive was powder painted. Only problem is that I need the seal fast because I have promised to go on the track day at the beginning of August. Only problem is to find such oil seal, not in Ebay and every shop shows "not available".

Can anyone know where to find such oil seal?

EDIT:
Found one on Ebay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-DRIVE-SHAFT-OIL-SEAL-XZ550-VISION-/231108802965 (hopefully it is the right one)

b_racuda

Ok, I got the seal in my hands. The text on it says "A3 S 47 57 7 HS". I think that the inner diameter of the seal is 47mm, outer diameter is 57mm and the width is 7mm. For the future problems maybe with some luck there is similar oil gasket available at local store with this information.

Does anyone know what markings the shaft drive bearing has? Should have order the new bearing also, I think the old one won't come off easily and is broken after the attemps. I think the only way to change the seal is to get the bearing out first because the oil seal is stiff so you can't put it in place when the bearing is in front.

Or if someone has tips to how to change the shaft drive oil seal I would appriceate it.

Re-Vision

I'd buy another shaft drive.   BDC

b_racuda

Originally the bearing brand is IKO and the product code is BA308Z. The dimension are originally imperial not metric. There are few available at Ebay. I also tried to phone to the local store but they did not have anything with the same dimensions. The inner dimension for the bearing is 47,625mm and outer dimension is 57,150mm and its  width is 12,7mm.

One bearing dealer said that there are few pieces in stock in USA and few pieces in United Kingdom. But the dealer don't sell to private customers...so I did order from the Ebay.

b_racuda

Finally got both, the oil seal and the bearing. The bearing was some new old stock, great package:

I called local work shop and they promised to change the parts, should be ready in few days.

b_racuda

New parts assembled and test drive showing no oil leaks! Only thing that new thing was found, I miss a bolt from the front fork. The one which holds the fork at the place from the right side of wheel. Noticed that front end was bouncing and the brake was making funny noice when turning right. Now again to the local dealer to find a bolt 90109-08397 or similar bolt with lock ring and nut. I think the right size for the bolt is 8x58mm.