Marving mufflers

Started by turbosteve84, October 03, 2015, 10:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbosteve84

After considering pouring money into my stock muffler system to make it presentable (sandblasting, patching a hole, painting the cans) I decided to just be done with it and spring for a Marving setup.

These came in yesterday. Took about 10 days from Italy. The chrome is beautiful (I really wanted black mufflers but they weren't offered by Marving), though the workmanship is acceptable at best. I'm a little concerned about that inlet into the crossover pipe. Looks a little restrictive to me. Anyone have a perspective on the Marvings?

The rest of my VisionĂ© CafĂ© Racer project is so far behind schedule I'm not stressing over it anymore. A new, second, fabricated aluminum tank is promised before the month is out. Met with Kevin Dunworth of Loaded Gun Customs and he recommended sealing an aluminum tank with Red Kote. Ordering a custom tail light today. Still deciding on what tach/speedo to order (Acewell, Motogadget?), but the delays mean I can research it some more. On top of the delays the remnants of Hurricane Joaquin are heading this way and the weather has been wet, cold and miserable (I mostly work on the bike outdoors).  --Steve
Steve
saddlebums.tumblr.com

The Prophet of Doom

Pity you didn't get Cycleworks if you were looking for black.  I suppose you can always get it acid etched and ceramic coated if you don't like the chrome.

Quality wise the motogadgets are FAR better than the Acewell.  MG is the nicest gear I've ever seen. The Acewell pretty junky in comparison, though actually perfectly good.  The MG gear is gorgeous and worth the difference IMO, though smaller in real life than they look in the glossy product shots. Here's a pic of the Mini on my thread .

turbosteve84

Yeah, I saw your setup and was impressed. Fills that slot on the top clamp nicely. I was thinking of going with a more conventional gauge, though. Maybe I'll have to reconsider.

Cycleworks. Seemed to have missed that when I was doing my homework. Marving, Predator, MIVV -- must have missed Cycleworks. Wanted black, but the chrome is lovely.  --Steve
Steve
saddlebums.tumblr.com