Lucky's Valve Shim Tool drawing

Started by pinholenz, October 26, 2015, 05:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

That makes sense Fret. Those were taken with my digital point and shoot most likely using the "macro" function.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Rikugun

pinholenz, I tried a scan but the machined groove looks fuzzy. Apparently the scanner has depth of field issues or something.

I'm no photographer but I took a few more shots. If you PM me your email address I'll send them.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Rikugun

pinholenz

Many thanks, the photos look great and between them and the scan, they are exactly what I needed. Cheers.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

pinholenz

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this posting and your support for this project, especially Lucky and Rikugun

I am delighted to say that the water jet cut valve shim adjustment tool works perfectly!! I am about to write an account on the general forum so that those who want to follow this route can have access to the process and drawings. I am also happy to post out the cut stainless steel profiles to others so they can assemble their own shim tool. I should be able to do this at cost or swaps once I figure out how to shift small sums of money around.

Moderately chuffed!
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

fret not

WOW! Someone actually DID it!  Congratulations and kudos Pinholenz. :)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black