Screamin' deal on '83 parts bike in Seattle

Started by pullshocks, January 30, 2016, 03:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

This is the '83 I owned for 7 or 8 years and sold in 2014.  Sad to see that it has been wrecked, but it is an opportunity for somebody. 

There is a lot of good stuff on it.  Recent petcock, recent Tim Parrot Stator, rebuilt starter, Tigerized stator wiring, Race-tech gold valve cartridge emulators and springs in the fork, front brake MC had just been rebuilt when I sold it and new pads installed.  The carbs fuel floats had been carefully adjusted and the engine was running great when I sold it.  (I imagine it has sat long enough to need the carbs cleaned)
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/5413236724.html

fret not

Wow!  $100 is cheap for the just the accessories, let alone the rest of the "parts" bike.  If I could reasonably drive to it It would be mine, but I'm just to far away.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

How did you find the Emulators Pullshocks? Worth the money?

Another cheap one a bit further South.   XZ400 for $1 in Wellywood. 
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1025877322

pullshocks

Yes, I thought the Race Tech upgrades were a significant improvement.

But it wasn't a double blind test or anything.

VisionSeattle

I thought that had to be your old bike, the chrome mufflers gave it away. Sad it was wrecked. I saw the ad last week, appears the ad has expired.

RKRobert2

Fellow Visionaries,
I have a 1983 XZ550RK non-running, due to tank sealant going into the carbs.
However, it has:
Clear Tennessee Certificate of Title.
About 24K miles on bike, 22K on odometer
Recent engine overhaul from nearby longterm Yamaha dealer.
Spare NOS stock pistons, not overbore, with rings in box.
1985 FJ600 front Wheel and 100 tire, 2.125" wide, like XZ rear, perfect fit, 27 lbs/XZ is 30 lbs. Also, original gold front wheel.
Euro tranny, lower gearing.
Steel brake hoses.
Stainless Steel Predator exhaust - EU certified, but is less quiet than stock, lighter weight.
Yamaha 600 cooling fan, held on with 2 bolts and 1 prayer. 1/2 noise, weight, and space of original. Stock Yamaha connector.
Gustaffson tall windshield with raised region near top, no buffetting because used a later 1980's FJ1200 headlight, which fits flush in the fairing, and which has a gap around the edges, so no buffetting.
Aftermarket mirrors with integral LED blinkers, replace blinker relay other new blinkers.
Great aftermarket rear shock, albeit hacked, plus original '83.
Obnoxious lime green paint. nice seat cover.
Original carb parts, plus many parts for Aprilia 550 EFI conversion - a project I never will finish.
Fuel guage indicator gunked, other instruments work.
Kill switch, sidestand switch, over-rev limiter have been disengaged.
Many parts.

You would need to transport it all away. I can help with a short distance trip.
First one to come to get it all in Chattanooga Tennessee gets it:
Robert cell 423 991 7858

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: RKRobert2 on April 05, 2016, 03:09:35 PM
many parts for Aprilia 550 EFI conversion - a project I never will finish.
First one to come to get it all in Chattanooga Tennessee gets it:

My choo choo doesn't go to Chattanooga, but could be interested in your EFI conversion parts if you are willing to post.  Suggest you list them in a new thread with pics and a price.