1983 Vision - Headlight Mount - No Flairing

Started by ghostrider, March 22, 2016, 07:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostrider

Hey everyone!

I have an 1983 Vision, with a full flairing.  I want to take the flairing off and mount the headlight using the bracket that I have.  Here is the bracket I am referring to. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-1983-Yamaha-XZ550R-Vision-2-head-light-bracket-/131481953733?hash=item1e9cef65c5:g:YrQAAOSwEeFVJgjA&vxp=mtr

Does anyone know how to attached this bracket/mount to the bike?  I am lost.

Re-Vision

The rubber tips of the bracket go up into the metal crown (Crown is the part that holds the ignition Switch). Bottom is attached to horn stay bracket. Then attach headlight bucket, turn signals.          BDC

ghostrider

Sir - thank you!

I've visualized how it needs to fit in.  Am I supposed to leave the wires in place and inset the mount or are the wires meant to be moved, mount installed and then wires back in place?

Re-Vision

If memory serves me correctly, remove all the wires from the rubber bucket and remove it. Install the headlight bracket with headlight and turn signals and poke as many wires into the headlight housing much as they were in the rubber bucket. Keep up with all the parts that are peculiar to the fairing installation, you will want them sooner or later.     BDC

ghostrider

Again - I cannot thank you enough!  Really appreciate your words of wisdom.