News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Motogp

Started by Walt_M., May 11, 2016, 04:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

It was a really good race even though it was in a downpour. Exciting to the end. I won't share the results until later.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Going into the final 3 races with 11 points between Marquez and Dovizioso, it looks to be a rather contentious struggle for both riders.  Marquez already a previous champion with a strong desire to win again (probably lots of pressure from the factory folks to get the championship again) and Dovizioso seeing the championship within grasp and I imagine excruciating pressure from Ducati factory folks. 

It is a feast for the fans watching this unfold as the dust begins to settle and more is kicked up.  Next race is Phillip Island, Australia.  this is a track that tests both skill and bravery like no other track.  Very high speeds on a very challenging track, unpredictable weather, and jet lag anyone?  The tension builds, piling on the agony until the crescendo finally erupts into joy for a few and disappointment for the others, and the dust finally settles, only to be continued at the next race. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

Very good race at Phillip island. Marquez added to his points lead. Dovizioso finished a dismal 11th. You could have thrown a blanket over the three Yamahas in second, third and fourth.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

. . . . . and in the rain!  It seems the weather has been a significant factor in the last few races, and may yet play a role in the final two races.  I don't recall so many wet races per season in previous years.  Just more things to think about and deal with, which makes life rather complicated.  I'll be ready for a rest when the last race is over, knowing full well it doesn't take long before we will miss the activity of "the chase".  The riders get about 4 months away from racing before the new season begins, and by the time it rolls round everyone will be eager to begin racing again.

Next race in tropical Sepang, Malaysia, and the final race in Valencia, Spain, where there is a good chance it will be a dry race.  Or not.

fiat-doctor

Depends... Is Valencia on the plain?  :)

fret not

In Spain, . . . .in Spain! ;D

Walt_M.

50 points available and Marquez has a 33 point lead. I think we have a season championship but it has been a great season. Looking forward to next year.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Well, there are still two races to complete.  And though the final results seem to be fairly well settled by now there is likely to be more scrambling for final positions.  Contract negotiations to consider next time round.

Walt_M.

Unbelievably another wet race. It wasn't as exciting as Japan or Phillip island. Dovizioso did what he had to and it didn't look like team orders when he passed Lorenzo for the lead. Now Marquez has 21 points on him heading for the last race at Valencia in 2 weeks.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

A "home" track for Marquez.  If he doesn't fall off or blow up his motor it is almost a sure thing he will take the championship.  I say almost because ya never know what will happen.

At this point I'm a bit worn out following the races, and welcome the end of the season, but I know full well that we all will be eagerly awaiting the start of the next season.

Walt_M.

Qualifying today is almost a gimme to Marquez. He is on pole with Dovizioso well back. only reason for watching, Zarco and Ianonne are on the front row. Does Marquez have the maturity to stay out of their way? I think he does.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

It's good to see Ianonne take the Suzuki to the front row, finally.  I wish he had been more "on the ball" through the season.  I think he was pouting because he lost his factory Ducati ride.  He should have been showing off what he was capable of if for nothing else as a bargaining chip in future contract negotiations.  Now, too little too late.

Walt_M.

Well, the season is over. Marquez made the last race more interesting but the outcome was pretty much inevitable. Dovizioso gave it his all but came up short. Ducati should not be too hard on Lorenzo for not following orders, as it wouldn't have mattered anyway. As for Yamaha, they have to catch up with their own 2016 chassis.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

It's good to see Dani Pedrosa win this one. 

Everybody seems to complain of evil handling and lack of grip no matter what brand they ride.  Thst's because they are on "the edge", at the limit of adhesion between the tires and the asphalt, and that's because they are going so freaking fast.

fret not

Test session coming up before long.  Time to shake out the kinks of the new equipment and take stock of the competition.  The first race will be March 18. Easy for me to remember as it's our wedding anniversary. (1973)