Author Topic: We grew apart...  (Read 1377 times)

Brian_T

• ROV Newbie
  • Riders of Vision .net
We grew apart...
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:12:51 PM »
Though I lavished attention on my 82 Vision since buying it new in 85, she never really rewarded my ardor with any kind of reliability. Over the years I had, and solved, most of the problems typical of the breed, but that drill got old. We grew apart. I found a new ride that starts with no drama and can be ridden far from home with no worries about getting back. The XZ sits now, and has for some time. It doesn't run, and may never.

I've lurked here off and on for years. I have many of you to thank for helping me learn how to understand this persnickety beast. As partial recompense, I will donate one half of what anyone is willing to pay me for it to this site. That's the least I can do for the education and commiseration you've provided. The catch is that I'm in the middle of the country; ever hear of Fargo, ND? Yah, you bet.

Maybe this could jump start your project. It's got some interesting accessories, as you'll see from the picture. there's an original factory back rest and luggage rack, original factory case guards, though they are a bit pitted, sport fairing with hillbilly replacement windscreen, and a SAENG fairing, which is pretty cool. The seat was recovered once, and is real nice. It's wearing Dunlop K591s which are in good shape. The muffler was replaced once along the way, and it's still pretty sound. There's probably some bucks in this if parted out, but I'd kind of like to see it go complete to one of you Visionaries.

Thanks for your consideration, folks. My journey with the Vision is done, but I have the highest regard for those of you that keep 'em rolling. I sold my 73 RD350 to partially fund the XZ way back when. Wish I had a do-over on that one!

cobol74

• Contributing Member
  • ROV Full Member
  • Riders of Vision .net
Re: We grew apart...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 04:25:21 AM »
Hi,
   How many miles on the engine ??

Brian_T

• ROV Newbie
  • Riders of Vision .net
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 06:43:37 PM »
I guess that would be helpful to know; 14,524.

§pace_§uitor

• ROV Full Member
  • ☬ BEAST MODE! ☬
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:19:16 PM »
..............$100 !  ;D
"I will sit right down
Drifting into my solitude over my head,
Waiting for the gift of sound and vision..."
-D. Bowie

§pace_§uitor

• ROV Full Member
  • ☬ BEAST MODE! ☬
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »
Reserve price not met?   :o
"I will sit right down
Drifting into my solitude over my head,
Waiting for the gift of sound and vision..."
-D. Bowie

Brian_T

• ROV Newbie
  • Riders of Vision .net
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:28:01 PM »
Sorry for the tardy response. I'm often away and can't always check in here.

I'm showing it to someone later this week. I'll get back to you if that falls through.

Brian_T

• ROV Newbie
  • Riders of Vision .net
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »
This bike is now sold. A donation has been made to the site per my original post.

Once again, my thanks to the Riders of Vision community for the knowledge and insight you've provided.

admin

• ROV Administrator
  • ROV Senior Member
  • Jetson your fired !
    • riders of vision
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »
Brian, my hat is off to you,
  I appreciate that you did your best, we are sorry to see you go, and you will be missed.
 it does take the patience of a saint and the love of the machine to endure
 what we've gone through with these things.
 I'm on my fourth vision, as long as I still love riding her, we'll be here.
thanks for your contribution.

-Ron