News:

Main Menu

FREE 83 Vision parts bike

Started by VinceDee, June 25, 2016, 02:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceDee

Due to a terminal illness, I'm having to liquidate all my belongings.

I'm giving away an 83 Vision. It had been crashed many years ago (not by me), but the tank is actually in pretty good shape, as I recall. The engine was actually a runner when I first got it, but it's been sitting in my garage for years now. No telling what kind of shape it's in. I swapped the front fork/brakes with another running 83 just to save myself from having to swap pads/fork seals that had gotten brake fluid leaked on them (or maybe it was fork fluid? I forget). You'll need to change pads and fix up the front fork. It's not tweaked or anything.

The frame is most likely tweaked, though. Seat is in pretty serviceable condition. Cover is decent, with only minor holes. Instrument cluster still there.

In addition, I'm throwing in all the other Vision stuff that I've collected over the years. Actually, I'm requiring whomever takes the bike to take all the stuff, but it's well worth it. Stock Yamaha bikini fairing and a bunch of other things. I think there's a crunched 83 front fairing, too. Most of it should at least be ebay-able.

It's all free. Bring a truck or van and be ready to help me move crap around my garage to get at various stuff.  I may or may not have the title anymore, but it's probably Long out of the dmv system (though I don't think it'll ever be a runner again). Also, if you know anyone who wants boxes of Yamaha Virago parts, have them get in touch with me.

I'm in Berkeley, California.

Call or text me at 510-529-9254

Vince
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

fret not

Vince, very sorry to hear of your situation.  If you don't get a taker in a week or so let me know. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Rikugun

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.

I'd be very interested but unfortunately it's on the wrong side of the country - or maybe I'm on the wrong side...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan