News:

Main Menu

Sold YellowJacket Today

Started by YellowJacket!, June 25, 2016, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Hi guys, been a long time since I've been around.  Kept YellowJacket all clean and dry and got an unbelievable offer from a young guy today...not nearly as much as I have in her but definitely a lot more than an 82 would go for.

It's been great getting to know a lot of you over the last 10 years and I am especially thankful for all the tips and info I learned from here.  I've also had the opportunity to meet and ride with some of you over the years and it was great.  Something I'll never forget.

So, goodbye to YellowJacket but no to the friends I've made here.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Walt_M.

I'm sure it was hard for you to let it go, you two had a lot of adventures. I haven't been on the site much myself lately either but I have just recently decided to get it back on the road. My plans involve a carb swap but that is another thread. Don't be a stranger.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Kenny

Hi Dave,
    Sorry to hear your selling the bike , are you still riding , if so what are you on now ? I still have two 83's although one of them was damaged a bit on the move from Ontario to British Columbia . Lots of work to do we are living off grid which is a bit of a challenge in the mountains , we get enough sunshine on the panels in summer but Jan & Feb are Generator months. Are you finished all your Medical Schooling . Drop by to say  "Hello" once in a while.
   Cheers Kenny
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

YellowJacket!

Hi Kenny,

Nope, no more bikes in the stable.  Working trauma surgery gave me pause to rethink all the close calls - all no fault of mine - and the potential outcomes, one of which are usually good...

Finished school a few years ago and am now thoroughly enjoying my new career in Neurosurgery.  I'm working with a great team at a really good hospital.

I'll continue to check back from time to time.

David

pinholenz

Sorry to hear that your fabulous eXZample has been sold. Hopefully you did a good selling job for the forum and we might see a new member soon..

All the best, I have enjoyed your adventures.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

QBS

Dave it was an honor to get to meet you and spend a little time with you and the bike.   I'm excited for you in your new career path.  God bless you, I'm sure we'll meet again.  Q

Rikugun

David, I didn't get to meet or ride with you but did enjoy your posts and reading about the many upgrades to your Vision. I was sorry to see you leave but understand why. It sounds like YellowJacket is getting a good home and will be enjoyed by a new Visionary.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

and so the gremlins have awakened.  Getting ready to deliver to new owner and she only runs on the front cylinder - rev limiter wire has been cut.  I'm thinking gummy carbs and will work on them this weekend.

Starts right up on full choke but taking off choke or giving her any gas causes her to stall.  Will idle rock steady at about 800.

David

Walt_M.

Just when you think you've gotten out, they pull you back in.
Whale oil beef hooked!