News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Serious Cafe Bike

Started by cobol74, July 25, 2015, 05:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobol74

Looks like somebody has deep pockets in Europe

skucera

I like the sculptural quality, but the proportions put the fairing a little high for my liking.  Still, I like all the red frame tubes and the new disks.

Scott

dingleberry

Yuk!

Lots of skilled workmanship in that fairing. Wonder how it would go in a wind tunnel.

Also love the angle of the gear change.  :-\
You like, oui?

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

dingleberry

Oh yeah, I was having a Birmingham Small Arms moment there.
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

admin

custom frame, I do like it. lots of work went into that one.
great post,  any more information on this ?

-R

fret not

Re Birmingham Small Arms moment;  I had recently bought(in 1971) a Norton Commando, and was out for a ride with some friends getting used to this new beast.  My previous ride was a Suzuki T305.  We had begun a coasting race into the American River canyon on Highway 49, and all was going well as speed began to accumulate.  That was until we came to a tight right hand turn where I put on the brakes a bit and inadvertently stuffed it into gear with a dead motor with my reflexes being more practiced on the Japanese gear/brake layout.  I never did that again, though we did have a few more coasting races on other rides.  I was fortunate enough to remain mostly upright and avoided scuffing my new bike, though my ego was a bit damaged by the event.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

pullshocks

pinholenz

Hmm. Over 10 years and the bike isn't back on the road yet....

That's what I call a magnificent obsession. There is a fellow Kiwi a bit like that.

I quite like the bulbous streamlining. Overall the project looks like it comes from the 1950's view of the space age. The exhaust plumbing looks particularly clunkly though. Brasse could do with some free flow lessons from Treedragon.

http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=14321.msg129998#msg129998

Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

Rikugun

Impressive custom work - thanks for the post and article link. 
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

XZ-Bob

Quote from: pinholenz on August 04, 2015, 05:14:30 AM
Hmm. Over 10 years and the bike isn't back on the road yet....

Davy Marc's on the road again...
He was at least at two meetings in Germany, just left yesterday the international (there was even a XZ-driver from greece, but he made the tour on a Pan...) XZ-Meeting in Schlesig-Holstein, Germany
Bob

pinholenz

Yay! The XZ annual round-up meet in Germany must be fun..

XZ-Bob

Quote from: pinholenz on August 15, 2016, 06:57:35 AM
Yay! The XZ annual round-up meet in Germany must be fun..

It definitely is!

Bob

PS: don't mind the "strage" bikes in the group, they're at least watercooled, kardan-driven V-Motors (1x CX 500 Silver wing, 1x Pan European)

pinholenz

A fine collection. The bikes look good too!