News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Hard Starting When Hot

Started by turbosteve84, July 16, 2016, 10:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devotee

Quote from: turbosteve84 on July 18, 2016, 12:30:48 PM
Partial choke ONLY on initial startup. I should have made that clear.

Figured out a workaround. If I twist the throttle all the way to the stop -- ON A HOT ENGINE -- it re-starts.

So now I can fill it up at the gas station without waiting for the engine to cool down before re-starting.

Yay!

Steve

Mine is exactly like that. Cold 1/2 enriching circuit. Hot - throttle shut tight and bump the starter. Lights right up.
devotee
XZ550RK
XS750E
GL1000 (1976) project

auto

No typo,it's heat treating foil good to 1800F.Yea got the euro fender from Europe,just kinda like the look.What my son does with it,we'll see

Walt_M.

None of my business on the European fender but try to get him not to chop it as someone might want it. I can swap him a standard 82 plus shipping if he doesn't like it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

pinholenz

And is that what they call a 1/4 fairing hanging on the front? Is that a factory standard?. I'd like one of those...

I've had a long time problem with hot starting. Thanks for the suggestion.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

Rikugun

Quote from: pinholenz on August 09, 2016, 06:05:13 PM
And is that what they call a 1/4 fairing hanging on the front? Is that a factory standard?. I'd like one of those...

That looks like the "Shark" fairing. I've read where it was one of 2 optional dealer installed "handlebar mounted" fairings that came on some 82's - at least here in the US market. Someone has added mirrors to it which look pretty good. I have one I could be convinced to part with but the shipping alone to NZ would be astronomical.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pinholenz

Thanks. Worth considering. Instead of hijacking this thread I'll start another topic. Cheers.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550