Video and carb diagrams

Started by RBFD415, August 31, 2016, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBFD415

Wondering what happened to the excellent videos that had been posted? On Vimeo only parts #1 & #4 are on line. What happened to parts 2 & 3?

Under the tech links, I find no diagrams for the 1982 carbs? Lucky's links are broken. The other one is of a 83 and will not enlarge?

Putting my carbs back together and want to double check my work. Any ideas?

The Prophet of Doom

Follow the link in my sig and you can download a whole heap of service guides which include diagrams

pinholenz

I am glad the videos that were there were helpful. I have posted elsewhere on this forum that I got made redundant from my teaching job half way through the series. Lost access to the lights, camera gear and software. I was sorry about that as well.

POD's resources are excellent. I have an original 16R Factory service manual and can do a PDF copy of the carb section in Hi Res if that would help. However, between POD's resources and a Haynes manual for the bike, you should have it covered.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

The Prophet of Doom

We need to get that 16R manual into the archive for the owners of the half dozen 16Rs left in existence. Including yours truly.  What are your scanning resources like?  Else if you send it to me I can scan and then return.

pinholenz

My scanner takes forever to do a single page - I simply haven't the patience to get on with the job. I will parcel up the manual and get it into the post to you. Thanks for the offer.

It comes in English French and Spanish so it might be useful to our cousins overseas as well.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

The Prophet of Doom

My one at home is slow too, but I get a rhythm going while watching videos.  I have an ultra-high speed hopper scanner at work, but that would require chopping the spine off.