Author Topic: Sadly time to say goodbye  (Read 905 times)

Aelwulf

• ROV Senior Member
Sadly time to say goodbye
« on: October 17, 2016, 11:33:33 PM »
Hi all!  It's been a while since I've been lurking around here.  With the new family (least since I've been on here) there's only time/budget for one bike (if that).  As such I'm keeping my newer Mean Streak and selling my '82 Vision.  I'd like to get $500, sold an '83 that needed more work for $400 in New Mexico.

I've done a fair bit of work on it (some of which at least can probably be found in past posts here) but it does still need some TLC.  The tank on it and an alternate both need to be cleaned and sealed (although it would still run with what it has).  It needs new tires, and probably new dust seals on the forks.  The carb could use a cleaning I'm sure.  It also needs a new battery as the old one completely died from sitting.  But it ran great overall up until I had to park it a couple years ago.  I really hoped I'd be able to get back to it but no-go, and I don't want it to sit for 10+ years like the previous owner did.

On the plus side it's been parked in a garage when not in use.  The fuses are updated to blade fuses, the fix on the left side of the engine has been done (brain-farting the name), I've removed the YICS and put a bolt in the hose (YICS included if wanting to put it back on), it comes with engine guards I meant to put on, front fork springs upgraded to Progressives, put on stainless brake lines, and added an inline fuel filter.  I think there's a couple other things but can't recall.  I haven't gotten to the bearing replacement yet in the steering neck, but there's a new one waiting in the box to go with it I meant to put on.

It took me a bit of work to get it on the road and it ran great.  It would take less work now to get it on the road again and should still have a lot of miles.

Since I currently have the carbs and tank off, dead battery from sitting, and the oil drained because of moves, it's not startable.  Although pop some oil in, re-attach those two and pop in a battery it should start up with little to no problem.  The carbs would need to be balanced, but other than that...

I'm in Colorado but once again being sent back to California.  I remember there used to be a few Vision folks around here last time I was here, hoping someone's willing to get it on the road again.  I'm posting it up elsewhere for more to see what happens, but tossing it up here for a lower initial price as I know it'd likely get some attention.

Thanks for the time, and hope everyone got some good rides in this summer!

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Aelwulf

• ROV Senior Member
Re: Sadly time to say goodbye
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 11:34:39 PM »
More pics.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)