News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Aftermarket Foot Pegs

Started by turbosteve84, October 29, 2016, 09:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbosteve84

I was looking for nice aftermarket foot pegs for my Visioné Café Racer to replace those clunky stock units. Not many choices out there. I found a pair of knurled black aluminum ones here in The States for about $85 -- not including shipping. Then I found these on AlieExpress (from a company called, I'm not kidding, Motorcycle Lover Shopping Mall) for $14, shipping included. My tendency is to go with a domestic supplier and avoid importing from China when I can, but man, that's a huge price gap. I was also hesitant because the item, #YC0899, did not list the XZ550 as compatible. A little research revealed that they might fit.

"So the question is, punk, you have to ask yourself, Am I feeling lucky today? Well...are ya?" --Dirty Harry

I slept on it and then told myself what the hell? It's only $14. I ordered these on the 17th of October and they were delivered to the U.S. on the 28th of October. Strange, because their tracking service showed them still in China the day they were on my doorstep. They installed easily enough, though I would recommend four washers, two on either side of each king pin, as the pegs are slightly narrower than stock. While you're at it get two more for the king pins to place under the C-clips. Haven't road tested them yet but they look like they'll hold up well, although I'm a little worried about the supplied king pins and C-clips that holds them on.

We'll see. In the back of my mind is that at the end of that Dirty Harry movie (spoiler alert!) Clint Eastwood blows a hole in the head of the punk.

While conducting research I found that any foot pegs that fit a Yamaha XS650 vertical twin will fit the XZ550. Since there are way more 650s out there than 550s for the aftermarket to supply parts for that's a good place to start for anyone looking for custom foot pegs.

Steve
Steve
saddlebums.tumblr.com

Rikugun

They look good and as you pointed out, the price is reasonable.

I did something similar with my XZ but the application was a Kawasaki fitment from the 2000's (?) that was used on several models. They are pattern parts from China and were much cheaper than banged up OEM Kawi parts from E-Bay. I like how these feel under my boot better than the stock Vision pegs.

Mine required a bit of fussing as yours did. These pins are bigger diameter requiring a bushing or drilling the bracket. The ones you used seem a bit easier to fit.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Kenny

I have a  set of Virago pegs I modified slightly, they are wider and give more room under your feet .
   Very comfortable  on long days .
      I have them on the red n white 83 in the member's photo  (Halcyon Solar Vision) .
           Cheers Ken S.   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92