News:

Main Menu

Ignition Wiring Help

Started by VisionProbs, November 24, 2016, 02:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionProbs

So I bought this 82 Vision from a guy who had no Idea what he was doing with it and detached the ignition. So I need help to reconnect that said ignition. I'm lost on what wires need to connect where.

davecut

Electrics well what can i say, they can be one of the biggest pains in the butt i have a 83 model but i have
not really touched it yet so i am not up to speed with these bikes. That said electrics are generic on most
machines you really need a wiring diagram so i think you should get yourself a haynes manual.
But if you are going to have a go at it trial and error you need to follow these wires from the broken end
to where they stem from and give the guys on this forum a chance to suggest where should go.
Best of luck. Dave.
P S where are you based? There may be a member who can give you help and advice or recommend
a mobile auto electrician.

The Prophet of Doom

Sounds like you aren't very sure what you are doing yourself.  An auto electrician may be the best option.  Get it badly wrong and you bike can catch fire.
An auto electrician will need a diagram.  Follow the link in my sig and download a workshop manual.  These all have wiring diagrams in them. Haynes is good, and in colour.

Your pic isn't much help because the three wires shown as "Bike Wires" are not the correct colour.  They will either change deeper in because he used scrap bits, or they are the completely wrong wires.  Should be Red, Brown and Blue for a USA model 82. 

You may be able to figure out by testing for continuity...
Red from the 30 Amp fuse
Brown, from the horn
Blue, from the rear/brake light

Some models also have a  red/blue wire for the front park light
Good luck, Fill in your profile.